A big part of loving your natural hair is knowing how to care for it, so CurlyNikki.com has complied a list of ten natural beauty tips for happy and healthy hair.
(1) Binding wet hair into a tight pony is a curly hair care no-no, and can cause split ends. Instead, slick wet hair back with conditioner and a little oil or gel.
(2) Avocado butter is quite effective in stretching curly hair. When hair is twisted or braided with the butter, it will generally have much less shrinkage than without it.
(3) Twist on wet hair and allow ample time for hair to completely dry. Untwisting when your hair is damp will inevitably give you the frizzies.
(4) Deep condition regularly as hair behaves best when it’s nice and moisturized. DC every week for softer, more manageable hair.
(5) Co-wash or shampoo with sulfate, silicone and alcohol FREE products. When it comes to all your product try to keep it all natural.
(6) Don’t EVER skip your Hair Conditioner. Opt for all natural conditioners and not just the ones that say all natural but read the ingredients.
(7) NEVER towel dry your hair. This only causes frizzness especially if you’re using a terry cloth towel. Drip dry, t-shirt dry or use a microfiber towel.
(8) It is imperative that you cover your hair while you sleep with a satin scarf or bonnet or invest in a satin pillowcase. This will not pull at the hair or absorb the moisture in the hair.
(9) Grab a spray bottle, fill it half way with water and add three tablespoons of olive oil. Shake well and use daily to add moisture to the hair. Spray liberally.
(10) The human head sheds on average 50-100 hairs each day. Detangling will help you get these hairs out and prevent tangles from reforming.